Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SQL Navigator : Code Templates

After trying for a while to use SQL Navigator from Quest --> http://www.quest.com/sql-navigator/ to develope my pl/sql procedures and queries, I've found a new (for me) feature : Code templates. Tired of write allways the same kind of code structures ? Use code templates. How? It's easy. Just take a look at this help page from navigator help. (As a good developer that I am, I never read help files).


You can program Key combinations from "Ctrl+Shift+A" to "Ctrl+Shift+Z" with text up to 255 characters in length.
To program shortcut keys

  1. From the View menu, choose Preferences.
  2. Under the Code Editors preference heading, expand General, and then scroll down to the Templates category.
  3. Where you see the words , click and then view or change shortcut key assignments as required.


Try it, and watch your development times drop a little bit !!!

No comments:

All Rights Reserved